We have discussed rental pianos elsewhere on this site and I am not going to go over the same ground exploring which way to go. The purpose of this post is to simply show you some of the stock available for rent this Autumn. This is not an exhaustive list and some of the pianos may no longer be available when you visit. Our rental stock does change fairly quickly, we will do our best to keep the website up to date. As I write this, there are 5 pianos heading our way and will be with us in the next couple of weeks. Here are 5 pianos that are available today. It looks as though 5 is my favourite number!
Three of the pianos are from manufacturers with a distinguished history and the other two are modern companies looking to the future.
Let’s start in the USA. Here’s a Baldwin piano, this company was once the largest US-based manufacturer of pianos and other keyboard instruments and known by the slogan, “America’s Favorite Piano”
The company began in 1862, when the Cincinnati-based piano teacher Dwight Hamilton Baldwin launched a Decker Brothers piano dealership and with business partner Lucien Wulsin became D.H. Baldwin & Company.
They were to make and distribute quality pianos in all price ranges and became famous for their touch, tone and durability and have a long history of creating high quality upright pianos that sound great and last. Today, most Baldwin pianos are built in the China.
Our next stop is the UK and to Chappell piano. This company was founded in 1810 by Samuel Chappell with 2 partners. They had showrooms for pianos, sheet music and other musical instruments. The firm’s reputation grew fast publishing music, promoting concerts and manufacturing pianos from the 1840s.
- During the 20th century, Chappell became one of the leading music publishers and piano manufacturers in Britain which were well made with good tone and touch.
- We now head to Poland to look at our Calisia piano. Calisia is a good quality Polish piano brand which have been around for about 130 years founded by the Gustaw Arnold Fibiger family. Luckily the Calisia piano we have is considerably younger than that!
- And to China for our last 2 pianos today. We have a Waldstein piano built in the 1990’s is
- a delightful instrument with its sweet sound, it is easy to play and is perfectly suited to beginner pianists and those who are more advanced.
- Finally the Hamlyn & Klein. These pianos are German Designed instruments and built with the benefit of low-cost Asian manufacturing, resulting in a good piano at a very reasonable price. It is well made from good quality materials and has the feel of a more expensive instrument. The feel of the action is responsive, balanced and easy to play. This 2004 model has a warm to medium bright tone and has the feel of a new piano.
- These are all available to purchase starting from £900. All are available to rent at £35 per month.
- Feel free to get in contact if you would like to try out our pianos. We would also welcome any comment or suggestions you may have.
- I hope this was of interest for you and give you an idea of some of the pianos available for rent. Thank you for reading.